- Mobile Games revenue is showing a negative trend. Despite this, in May 2022 they’ve earned 50% more than in January 2019 – before the pandemic.
- In June 2022 non-gaming apps were responsible for 50.3% of App Store revenue. Five years ago games accounted for 2/3 of overall revenue.
However, the report itself is all about downloads.
- Subway Surfers is the most popular game of Q2 2022. It was downloaded more than 80M times during the quarter, the last time the game saw this number was in 2014. The game was downloaded 1.8B times – it’s the most popular mobile game in the world.
- Garena Free Fire managed to reach 70M+ downloads for the third consecutive quarter. Stumble Guys is third.
- The top 10 most successful publishers have 7 gaming companies: Supersonic Studios, Embracer Group, Azur Interactive, Say Games, AppLovin, Miniclip, and Take-Two Interactive.
- Game downloads in Q2 2022 in App Store decreased by 2.6% to 2.03B YoY.
- Google Play game downloads, in reverse, grew by 0.6% to 11.91B compared to Q2 2021.
- India is the largest download market, reaching almost 7B in Q2 2022. The US, Brazil, Indonesia, and Russia are next.