- 9 out of 10 top-downloaded mobile games in 2021 on the App Store were based on IP. The only title that is not is Soccer Super Star.
- Paying users are downloading IP-based titles 2.84 times more than games based on original IP.
- In the US 3 mobile games in 2021 from the top 20 by revenue (App Store) were based on game IPs.
- In Japan, 12 mobile games in 2021 from the top 20 by revenue (App Store) have been using IP. 4 of them used non-gaming IPs, 8 – gaming IPs.
- In China, the same amount of mobile games in 2021 from the top 20 by revenue (App Store) used IPs – 12. But 4 of them were gaming and 8 – were non-gaming.
- The three IPs that bring the most downloads is from Marvel, Cartoon Network, and Disney original IPs.
- Most revenue-generating IPs are Umamusume: Pretty Derby, Marvel, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Newzoo covers Marvel Strike Force and Umamusume: Pretty Derby case studies and the material; also showing Tilting Point, Bandai Namco Entertainment & GREE Entertainment’s approach to the IP-based titles.