ironSource surveyed 18,894 mobile gamers and 11,563 users of non-gaming apps. On top of that, the company talked with 500 random people to verify the results.
- 70% of gamers and 78% of users of non-gaming apps downloaded apps after watching a mobile ad.
- 48% of users are finding new games through the ads. 46% are relying on friends’ recommendations. 37% find new games in store recommendations.
- 35% of gamers are downloading new apps in their free time, on vacation, or on holidays. 29% are downloading new games when it’s necessary. 23% – when setting up the new device.
- Users think that video ads, app store ads (like Apple Search Ads), and interactive ads are the most useful formats for finding new apps. 32% of the gaming audience prefers store ads.
- 55% of mobile gamers notice mobile ads if it’s relevant. 37% are attracted to humor. 36% motivates an opportunity to get an in-app reward.
- 60% of non-gaming app users are playing games.