ironSource surveyed 18,894 mobile gamers and 11,563 users of non-gaming apps. On top of that, the company talked with 500 random people to verify the results.
- 30.4% of the gaming audience prefers traditional IAP. 31.4% are ready to watch ads. 15.7% will be happy to pay to turn off ads. The rest 22.5% didn’t define their payment preferences.
- 24% of zoomers can’t stand ads and are ready to pay to turn it off.
- 43% of mobile gamers in the last 5 years started downloading more free apps. 17% started to pay more. 10% started to spend less.
- 35% of mobile gamers never paid in apps. 20% made purchases up to $5. 18% had experience with small payments of around $1.
- Regarding behavior inside one app, 37% of players can make occasional purchases of a few bucks. 28% never do the IAP. 16% are buying bundles with the price of $10-20.