Sensor Tower & Homa Games shared insights on Arcade Idle games. The streaming market is showing signs of recovery. Subway Surfers became the top downloaded game of August.
- Appodeal: Performance Index 2022
- Sensor Tower & Homa Games: Arcade Idle Games downloads increased by 2050% in a year
- StreamElements & Rainmaker.gg: Streaming Market State in August 2022
- Newzoo & MAAS: Indian Mobile Gamers Preferences in 2022
- Sensor Tower: Top Mobile Titles by Downloads in August 2022
Appodeal: Performance Index 2022
Appodeal studied 100k apps, 70+ ad sources, 2 platforms (iOS + Android), and 3 ad formats – Rewarded Video, Interstitial, and Banners, in 6 key regions from July 2021 to June 2022. The report is based on more than 200B impressions.
- eCPM in the US on iOS dropped (from $15.12 to $13.81 in Rewarded Video ad formats), in other regions it grew or stayed on the same level.
- eCPM on Android increased or remained the same in all regions.
- MENA region is showing growth by eCPM on all platforms and ad formats despite banner ads on iOS.
Fill Rates & ARPU
- In H1 2022 only the US managed to keep those metrics on the previous level. In all other European countries, those metrics went down.
There is an ad networks rating and a list of ad sources & DSP available in the full version.
Sensor Tower & Homa Games: Arcade Idle Games downloads increased by 2050% in a year
- 47.3M Arcade Idle games have been downloaded in 2021 on iOS and Android. The number of downloads in Q1 2022 is 2050% more than it was in Q4 2020.
- However, there must be a low base effect, because the difference in downloads between Q1 2022 and Q1 2021 is “just” 294.3%.
- Arcade Idle games from the top 20 (WW) are showing D1 Retention between 48% and 52%. Day 7 varies from 7% to 13%.
StreamElements & Rainmaker.gg: Streaming Market State in August 2022
- Twitch & YouTube are growing third consecutive month. Twitch reached 1.865B watched hours (+3% MoM); YouTube Gaming shows 4% growth with 305M hours.
- League of Legends (129M watched hours), GTA V (127M hours), and Valorant (105M hours) are leaders on Twitch. YouTube’s first places are Minecraft (21M hours), Apex Legends (14M hours), and Garena Free Fire (12M hours).
- 50% of streamers from Twitch in the top 10 in August 2022 were from Latin America. YouTube’s top 10 had 5 streamers from Japan.
Newzoo & MAAS: Indian Mobile Gamers Preferences in 2022
The report is covering only 5 genres from the non-RMG (non-real money gaming) segment. These are Adventure games, Battle Royale, Puzzles, Arcade games, and Racing games. Will cover only them not touching the RMG segment.
- The Indian gaming market will reach $2.2B in 2022.
- There will be 373M gamers in India by the end of 2022, 91% of them are playing on mobile devices.
- 62% of Indian mobile gamers are male.
- Indian gamers do like games: an opportunity to win; roleplaying; using tactics and strategic moves to win; an opportunity to relax and unwind; an opportunity to build something new; an opportunity to experience adrenalin.
- In India the average Retention in midcore titles is follows: D1 – 25%; D7 – 5%; D30 – 1%. In casual/hypercasual products those numbers are: D1 – 30%; D7 – 7%; D30 – 3%.
Sensor Tower: Top Mobile Titles by Downloads in August 2022
- Subway Surfers is first. Again. The game reached 33.5M downloads last month, which is 89.4% more than a year before. Most downloads – 28.5% and 13.3% – came from China and India
- Stumble Guys (which was recently acquired by Scopely) was second with 26.5M downloads (8.7x times increase from the year before). Indonesian gamers were responsible for 15.2% of downloads, and the US – for 14%.
- Overall in August 2022 games have been downloaded 4.6B times in App Store & Google Play (-1.6% YoY).
- India is #1 by downloads (787.5M – 17% worldwide). Brazil is second (8.2%), and the US is third (8.1%). It’s important to mention, that Sensor Tower is not covering the alternative stores in China.