Generation Alpha is people who were born in 2010 or later. Generation Z are people born between 1995-2009.
- For Generation Alpha, games are the primary entertainment type. They spend 21% of their free time playing games.
- 73% of generation representatives played mobile games in the last half a year. 41% played on PC, and 46% on consoles. They’re spending 6 hours 49 minutes per week playing games on average.
- 52% of generation Alpha paid in games in the last 6 months. 33% of the payments happened on mobile devices; 27% on consoles, and 18% on PC.
- Games are one of the leading entertainment options for Generation Z too – they’re spending 17% of their time on them. But social networks (23%), series & films (18%) are a little bit ahead by popularity.
- 69% of Generation Z played mobile games in the last half a year. 42% played on PC; 38% on consoles.
- There are 51% of payers among Generation Z. 33% spent money on mobile games; 23% on consoles; 22% – on PC.
- Socialization, competition, and cooperation are Generation Z’s and Alpha’s main interest points.
- Both generations are paying for the same things. Opportunities to unblock unique/additional content and personalization are the dominant things players are buying.
- 93% (Alpha Generation) and 91% (Generation Z) of money are spent on IAP purchases.