- By companies’ assumptions, in 2022 the gaming market will reach $199B. By 2027 it will grow to $307B.
- Growth is partly connected to the high engagement of the younger generation (from 13 to 17 years). They spend 40% more free time playing games than older people (from 18 to 34 years).
- There is interesting note, that 73% of game developers are moving to Big Tech companies and only 27% are staying in the industry. The flow from Big Tech to gaming stays at the low 3% level.
Bain & Company sees 3 main factors that will help the industry to continue growth:
- New tech. It’s not only about VR, but about tech progress overall, which helped to launch Genshin Impact on mobile devices.
- Metaverse experience. Virtual events, E-Sports, and socialization in the virtual world – all of mentioned will help the industry to grow.
- New monetization models. F2P won’t go anywhere, but subscriptions and blockchain transaction weight will increase.