- 15% of installs in Japan come from hypercasual games. It’s the most popular segment.
- After the COVID burst in activity, Japanese gamers are returning to normal consuming patterns. The number of sessions in H1 2022 is 8% higher than in H1 2020.
- RPG is the second after the hypercasual genre by popularity. It’s responsible for 13% of all installs from 2020 to H1 2022.
- iOS in Japan is dominating with 67% of the revenue. Android, as you can assume, takes 33%.
- An average D1 Retention in Japan for games in H1 2022 – 22%. D7 – 9%. D30 – 3%.
- The average CPI in the casual segment in Japan – is $5.46 from June 2021 to May 2022.
- There is no big difference in CPI between iOS and Android in Japan.
- Average D7 ROAS – 7%; D30 ROAS – 19.1%.