Google names Match-3, Hidden Object, and other games that can be found in the relevant category of Google Play as Puzzles.
- Puzzle gamers learn about new games through App Store (45%), in-game ads (44%), social network ads (42%), recommendations (39%), and YouTube videos (32%).
- 73% of puzzle lovers do not think that ads have a negative effect on gameplay.
- 62% of users are interested in the ads that are shown.
- Google highlighted an obvious thing. The main engaging factor in games is exciting gameplay. The right challenge level (46%) and engaging story (44%) are next.
- In top-3 reasons why puzzle gamers stop playing games are non-interesting gameplay (45%), a lot of ads (43%), and a lot of bugs & glitches (40%).
- Only 40% of puzzle gamers are part of gaming communities.
- 78% of puzzle gamers think that localization is important.