- The overall game market valuation will be $184.4B. The decline will happen for the first time in 15 years of research.
- However, there are no reasons to panic. Newzoo analytics are positive that it’s not the trend, but just the correction after explosive growth in 2020 & 2021.
- Newzoo’s forecast in 2020 was close to the current market valuation. But the growth dynamic was completely different.
- The PC market will reach $40.5B in 2020 with a 0,5% YoY growth. Browser games continue to fall with -16,7% YoY to $2.3B.
- The mobile market in 2022 will reach $92.2B. The decline is significant – 6.4% YoY. And there are several reasons for it: IDFA, economic problems in many countries, and pressure from other forms of entertainment available after dropping many COVID restraints.
- The console market will experience a drop of 4.2% from the previous year to $51.8B.
- The Chinese gaming market is still the largest with $45.8B. The US market is about $45B. Those two countries are responsible for 49% of the overall gaming market.
- Asia-Pacific region remains the largest by revenue in 2022 ($87.9B) but will drop by 5.6%.
- North America (-5,1% YoY) and Europe (-3,5%) revenues will drop too.
- Middle-East and African regions will grow by 6.6% to $6.8B. The same will happen with Latin America – +3,4% YoY to $8.4B.
- Newzoo analytics are quite positive about the future. They are sure that the market will grow to $211.2B in 2025 and will show a CAGR of 3.4%.
- The number of gamers will increase from 3.198B in 2022 to 3.534B in 2025.