- The gaming market reached $6.3B in revenue in November 2022. It’s 3% more than last year.
- However, game sales were $4.7B, down by 5%.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 already became the most successful game of the year by sales.
- Mobile games revenue dropped by 5% compared to 2021 and by 1% compared to 2020.
- Candy Crush Saga, Roblox, and Royal Match were the mobile leaders by revenue, according to Sensor Tower.
Consoles & accessories
- Console sales increased by 45% and reached $1.3B in November 2022.
- PlayStation 5 is the top platform of November by both systems sold, and revenue generated. Nintendo Switch is second.
- On November 2022, PlayStation 5 was the best system in the US by revenue. But Nintendo Switch is still leading in unit sales.
- Accessory sales were up by 10% to $289M.