- 159M copies were sold in Europe in 2022. It’s 7.1% lower than the previous year.
- 82.5M copies have been sold through digital channels; 76.5M in physical format.
- Sales of new games (released in 2022) increased by 16% compared to 2021 (and sales of new games in 2021).
- The UK is the largest European market (with a sales decline of 6% YoY).
- Germany is second (-13% YoY). France is third (-3% YoY).
- Game sales increased in Spain (+1% YoY) and Italy (+2% YoY).
Console and accessories
- 5.3M consoles were sold in Europe (not counting the UK and Germany) in 2022. There is a 25% drop compared to the previous year.
- First place by sales is the Nintendo Switch (-15% YoY), PlayStation 5 is second (-35% YoY), and Xbox Series S|X is third (+4% YoY).
- Game accessories sales declined by 10% to 18M products sold. The best accessory by sales was DualSense (+12% YoY). The best-selling non-controller was the Sony PS5 Pulse 3D Headset, which, however, showed a drop of 3.6% compared to 2021.