- Overall downloads of hypercasual games in 2022 increased by 5% and reached 15.5B.
- Downloads in Q4 2021 were by 7% higher than in Q4 2022 (3.97B versus 3.68B).
- There might be a downward trend that started in Q4 2022 as downloads were 2% lower than in Q3 2022.
- Downloads were down in Tier-1 countries, while in less developed regions hypercasual games are still growing.
Successful games of Q4 2022
- Snake Lite-Snake .io Game is the leader with 33M downloads.
- Save the Doge is a new hit and a cultural phenomenon. The game reached 30M and its developers were inspired by viral videos in TikTok.
- Another new game in the chart is the Car Games 3D: Car Racing. It’s a mix of GTA 5 and aquapari.io, and the growth of downloads happened because of the viral effect in TikTok & Twitter.