- 27.4M games have been sold in Europe in December 2022. It’s a 13% decline from the year before.
- 11.4M copies have been sold in digital format (-17% YoY); 16M copies – in physical (-10% YoY).
- FIFA 23 became the best-selling game of the month. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was second.
- New December releases didn’t show great results. Need for Speed: Unbound started at #12 in charts, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion was #21, and The Callisto Protocol was #22 (but without digital sales).
Consoles and accessories
- 1.33M consoles have been sold in Europe (not counting Germany and the UK) in December 2022. The drop to the previous year is about 19%.
- PlayStation 5 sales didn’t go down massively (drop was about 3.4%) while Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series S|X experienced a significant decline in sales.
- Despite this, Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console in Europe in December 2022.
- Users bought 3.66M accessories in Europe in December 2022. It’s 9% lower than a year before. DualSense remains the best seller with sales up by 5% compared to the previous year.