- The US gaming market earned $57B in 2022. It’s 5% lower than in 2021 ($60B).
- American spending on the content was $47.5B (84% of the overall amount). The loss to 2021 was 7%.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the best-selling game in the US. Elden Ring is second, and Madden NFL 23 is third.
- Regarding exclusive titles, God of War: Ragnarok is the best-selling game on PlayStation; Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet is leading on Nintendo Switch, and Forza Horizon 5 is the best-seller on Microsoft platforms.
- Gaming hardware sales increased in 2022 by 8% to $6.57B.
- Nintendo Switch is first by units sold. PlayStation 5 became the most successful console from a revenue perspective.
- Users spending on accessories increased by 8% to $2.5B. The leader by sales was Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller.
- Overall sales increased by 2% YoY to $7.6B.
- Sales of gaming hardware increased by 16% to $1.53B. PlayStation 5 was the leader in December by both units and revenue.