GDC is releasing the annual report to figure out the latest trends in the game industry. This year 2,300 people from the sector answered questions. 85% of respondents are from the US & Europe.
- PC is a pure leader across platforms. 65% of developers are making the game on PC now, and 57% are planning to release the next project on PC. PlayStation 5 is second with 33% on both statuses.
- Three platforms of developers’ interest are PC, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch.
- Half of the developers are working on Premium titles. 36% are creating F2P Games. Only 4% of companies are working on games with blockchain monetization.
- Developers believe more in the metaverse in Fortnite (14%), than in Horizon Worlds from Meta (7%). They also believe in Minecraft (7%) and Roblox (5%).
- Interest in blockchain development didn’t grow since 2022. 75% are not interested at all, 16% are ready to review blockchain game opportunities, 7% are interested, and only 2% are working on the Web3 titles.
- 44% of respondents are sure that the game market consolidation is a bad thing. 17% are sure that it will bring only positive changes.