- The number of advertisers in Q4 2022 increased to 37.1k (+17.5% YoY).
- The number of creatives despite growth in all quarters of 2022 was lower than in 2021 by 15.9% (12M creatives).
- Casual games (27.87%), puzzles (12%), and simulators (9.27%) are the genres with the largest share of advertisers.
- Casual games (22.69%), puzzles (12.86%), and RPG (11.36%) are leaders by the number of creatives.
- US by the end of 2022 become the leader by a number of advertisers. Asian users saw the most creatives last year.
- The share of advertisers on iOS was increasing during the year. Its share increased from 29.78% in Q1 2022 to 38% in Q4 2022.
- 80.76% of all creatives in 2022 are videos. 14% are images. Playables are taking 2.36% of the share. Other creatives SocialPeta put in the “other” section.
- Coloring Book!, Fishdom, and The Ants are leaders in iOS by marketing. Google Play’s top performers are Jackpot World, The Grand Mafia, and Lords Mobile.
Genres results by downloads and revenue
- Strategy games – downloads in 2022 increased by 10.52%. Revenue declined by 9.48%.
- RPG – downloads increased by 4.76%, and revenue dropped by 13.06%.
- Simulation games – downloads grew by 10.65%, and revenue reduced by 16.67%.
- Casual games – downloads climbed up by 8.56%, and revenue shrank by 11.26%.
- Casino – downloads improved by 0.66% while revenue dropped by 9.04%.
- Southeast Asia countries showed the best result in DAU growth. The US is second (+5%), and Japan showed the same increase.
- According to SocialPeta data, revenue declined in all countries despite Turkey, which managed to show a 1% growth.