Newzoo surveyed US, UK, Germany, France, and Japan users from September 2022 to October 2022.
Buying a new gaming PC
- 39% of dedicated gamers (those who play once a week or more often on the PC) are planning to buy new hardware to play in the next 6 months. In 2021 there were 55% of such users.
- 40% of dedicated gamers do not have plans of updating their gaming hardware. In 2021 there were only 29% of them.
- Laptop gamers are the most interested segment in buying new gaming hardware. Less interested are those, who have built their gaming PC by themselves.
Upgrading the existing gaming PC
- 42% of dedicated gamers postponed the update of their gaming PC until better times. It’s connected with both a lack of hardware and price increases.
- 33% of dedicated gamers agreed on more budget gaming PC updates; 40% decided to overpay for the hardware they wanted.
- Players who are buying pre-built desktops are most inclined to overpay – 42% of gamers in this category did it.