- Apps downloads worldwide in Q4 2022 reached 35.5B. A decline from the previous year is 0.1%.
- Downloads in App Store increased by 2.4% YoY to 8.1B. Downloads in Google Play decreased by 0.9% YoY to 27.5B.
- Stumble Guys was the fastest-growing app by downloads in the world.
Downloads – games
- The number of downloads in games in the Q4 2022 in AppStore is 6.9% lower than in Q4 2021. Google Play is showing growth of 0.6%.
- Subway Surfers was downloaded 59M times in Q4 2022. It’s 29% lower than in the previous quarter.
- The World Cup helped FIFA Mobile to reach 44M downloads with a QoQ growth of 137%.
- Games from the App Store’s top 20 increased download results significantly compared to the previous quarter.
- Garena Free Fire received almost 45M downloads in Google Play in Q4 2022. It’s the most popular game on the platform despite a decrease in downloads by 15.8% QoQ.
Downloads – publishers
- 6 out of 10 companies in top 10 by downloads are game publishers. It’s Azur Interactive, Say Games, Embracer Group, Miniclip, Supersonic Studios, and Zego Studio.
Downloads – countries (all apps)
- India (7.1B), the US (3.2B), Brazil (2.5B), Indonesia (1.9B), and Russia (1.4B) are the top-5 countries in the world by downloads.
- The number of downloads in the US compared to Q4 2021 increased on both iOS (+0.3%) and Android (+2.4%).