Service made a survey of 1,000 gamers from the US and 1,000 gamers from the UK.
- 68% of millennials are playing games daily. Among generation Z there are only 58% of such game lovers.
- Millennials are spending more time playing games than younger generations. Moreover, 59% of millennials are playing games at night harming their sleep.
- 5% of millennials and 3% of generation Z are feeling addicted to games. The most common outcome of such addiction is an inability to focus on other activities.
- The emotional connection of men to games is stronger. For 43% of men, games are the socialization method. And only 21% of women are connecting with friends when playing games. Plus, men are feeling negative emotions when being unable to play their favorite game more often than women.
- 79% of respondents are playing retro games. For 38% of them, nostalgia is the main driving factor.
- 70% of interviewees are playing on mobile devices; 61% – on consoles; 50% – on PC/laptop. 34% are using the tablet, and 9% – VR-devices.