- 2.8M console and PC games were sold in the UK in February. It’s 11% growth YoY.
- Hogwarts Legacy is the main game of the month. Its launch week sales were 100% higher than Elden Ring’s – the largest game of February 2022. After 3 weeks of sales, Hogwarts Legacy is close to overcoming overall sales of Elden Ring.
- The Last of Us: Part II is back to top-10; sales of The Last of Us Remastered (+50%), and The Last of Us: Part I increased too. Absolute numbers are not so high, but there is a notable effect from the HBO series.
Consoles and accessories
- 143k consoles were sold in the UK in February 2023. It’s 65% higher than last year and 14% more than in January.
- PlayStation 5 sales skyrocketed by 316% YoY, and 27% to January. The first two months of 2023 sales are 180% higher than in the first two months of 2022.
- Xbox Series S|X sales increased by 21% YoY, and by 15% MoM.
- Nintendo Switch sales are declining. In February it showed a drop of 15% in MoM sales. YoY decrease was 29%.
- 511.6k accessories were sold in the UK in February. It’s 17% lower than in January, and 14.4% lower than in February 2022.
- DualSense is remaining the leader in sales.