- Hogwarts Legacy is #6 in launch sales in the last 6 years with only FIFA games ahead. Hogwarts Legacy starting sales are better than any Call of Duty game; Elden Ring; Red Dead Redemption II, and other hits.
- After 3 weeks of sales, Hogwarts Legacy is already at #5 in the overall yearly chart. FIFA 23, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Grand Theft Auto V, and Elden Ring are yet to be overcome.
- Despite Hogwarts Legacy’s success, European game sales declined by 10% YoY to 12.9M copies sold.
- Analysts are connecting it with fewer releases than last year, where Elden Ring, Horizon: Forbidden West, Dying Light 2, and Total War: Warhammer 3 were released in February.
- Atomic Heart made it to the 9 place by sales in February 2023.
- The Last of Us: Part II sales increased by 317%, and The Last of Us Remastered sales were up by 285%. Thanks to the HBO’s TV Series.
Consoles and accessories
Numbers excluding the UK and Germany markets.
- PlayStation 5 sales in Europe in February 2023 surged by 5 times compared to the previous year.
- Nintendo Switch sales were down by 28%.
- PS5 is the strong leader by sales in Europe in February; Nintendo Switch was second; Xbox Series S|X is third with +13% YoY growth.
- 1.27M accessories have been sold in Europe in February 2023 (-0.2% YoY). The leader is the same as all last months – DualSense.