PCG (Paid Competitive Games) is a genre of games in which players can earn real money competing with other gamers. This type of games is also called skill-based games.
- The CAGR of the segment from 2021 to 2024 will reach 31.9%. This is 6 times higher than the CAGR of traditional games (4.9% growth in the same period).
- The main PCG markets are the US, India, Mexico, the UK, and Germany.
- The US is the largest market for PCG games. In 2021 it was valued at $3B and in 2024 it will grow to $6.6B.
- India is second with projected growth to $3.5B in 2024.
- PCG players spend more time in games than traditional gamers (4.6 – 6.2 hours per week against 3.5 – 5.3 hours per week). They also do have more games installed (6 – 7.6 games versus 4.4 – 6.1 games installed on traditional gamers’ devices).
- PCG gamers are planning to increase their spending in the upcoming years. In India 58% of players have a such intention; in the US and Brazil, there are 51%.