Q1 2023 results
- Game sales increased by 1% compared to the previous year. Overall sales almost reached 8M copies.
- Hogwarts Legacy was the main revenue driver for the quarter. The game already surpassed last year’s best-sellers – LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and Elden Ring.
- Console sales rose by 24.2%. PlayStation 5 was leading the growth with sales up by 180%. Sony was responsible for more than half of all consoles sold.
- Nintendo Switch dropped in sales by 25%, however, ended in second place. Xbox Series S|X sales were down by 18%.
March 2023 results
- 2.7M game copies have been sold in March 2023. It’s 3% lower than a year before.
- Resident Evil 4 became the best-selling game of the month. 65% of sales came from PlayStation versions; 20% – from Xbox; 15% – from PC.
- Hogwarts Legacy ended the month in the second position.
- Console sales dropped by 3% compared to the previous month. Growth to the previous year is 23%. 138k consoles have been sold.
- PlayStation 5 sales decreased by 2% to February numbers. Nintendo Switch showed a slight growth; Xbox Series S|X dropped by 10%.
- 616k accessories have been sold in March 2023. It’s 20% more than in February, but 3.7% less than in March 2022.
- Surprisingly, DualSense wasn’t the best-selling accessory. Xbox Wireless Controller took the #1 place thanks to discounts.