General market numbers
- The fund analysts forecast that the gaming market will grow by 9% in 2023 to $201B. Konvoy Ventures is among the few companies that have detected gaming market growth in 2022, not a decline.
- By the end of 2027, the gaming market is prognosed to reach $283B.
- 3.2B people have been playing games in 2022. 55% of them are in the Asia-Pacific region. North America has 7% of the gaming population, and Europe – has 13%.
- The VC investment by size and the number of deals returned to pre-2021 levels.
- Big companies have $48B in cash on their balance. Part of this money will be spent on M&A deals.
- Asia is the leader in investment activity. The number of deals in the US is the same, but the volume is lower. Investment activity in Europe is declining.