- The overall gaming market value reached €9.87B. It’s 1% more than in 2021.
- Online services sales grew by 20% (to €866M); by 1% grew game and in-app sales (to €5.52B); by 3% declined hardware sales (to €3.49B).
Numbers by verticals
- Gaming sales decomposition shows that in-app purchases grew by 2% (to €4.46B) while game sales decreased by 1% (to €1.06B).
- Across all hardware sales, only PC Gaming sales showed growth of 14% to €1.1B. PC Accessories sales declined (-10% to €1.35B); console accessories (-7% to €284M); consoles themselves (-6% to €756M).
- 78% of German players are older than 18. The average age is 37.9 years.
- 58% of the German population aged 6 to 69 is playing video games.
- 48% of all gamers are female.