The research was based on a survey of 1,000 people with an equal proportion of men and women.
- 7 out of 10 German mobile gamers are using Android. The iOS share across Generation Z is around 50%, while the Android share across older generations reaches 75%.
- Almost 60% of mobile German gamers prefer playing 2-3 mobile games simultaneously.
- 44% of the German gaming audience prefer casual games; 41% – strategies (favorite male genre); 38% – puzzles (favorite female genre).
- Only 17% of German gamers are playing paid games.
- Over 60% of mobile German gamers find new games through ads, which they see while playing current games.
- About 60% of the audience feels comfortable with personalized ads.
- 39% of respondents are playing the game often if it does have Rewarded Ads. 27% of respondents mentioned that it leads to longer sessions.
- 22% of German players stopped spending money on games. 14% started to play less. About 20% of gamers decided to switch from payments to Rewarded Ads.