Q1 2023 results
- 39M games have been sold in Q1 2023 in Europe. It’s 11% lower than in Q1 2022.
- Hogwarts Legacy is the best-selling game of the quarter. Moreover, it’s the fastest-selling game in Europe after FIFA since 2017.
- In Q1 2023 1.5M consoles were sold in Europe (without the UK). It’s 41% more than during a similar period in 2022.
- PlayStation 5 sales increased by 369%. Nintendo Switch declined by 18%; Xbox Series S|X – by 10%.
- 4.7M accessories have been sold in Q1 2023. An increase from the previous year was 5%.
March 2023 results
- 13.6M games for PC & Consoles have been sold in Europe. It’s 4% lower than in 2022.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake topped the charts in March. After the first two weeks, sales numbers are worse than Resident Evil Village (-11%) and Resident Evil 2 Remake. However, sales numbers are better than RE3 Remake by 57%.
- In March, console sales in European countries (without the UK) reached 570k. An increase from the previous year is 67%.
- PlayStation 5 is the main console in the European market. Its sales increased since March 2022 by 5 times.
- Nintendo Switch sales dropped by 19% YoY; Xbox Series S|X results also declined by 13%.
- 1.5M accessories have been sold in March 2023. It’s 13% more than a year before. The leader by sales is DualSense.