The research was prepared by Dorian Bloch, one of the leading analysts at GfK.
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor became the 119 game in the Star Wars franchise since 1993 (when LucasArts released X-Wing). On average, 4 games have been released per year since then. The table above is showing 107 releases, but it’s tracking since 1995.
- That’s more than any other franchise. Even The Sims – including all add-ons released in retail – had less – 108 releases. Mario is third with 101 releases.
- In the UK games developed by the Star Wars franchise earned £492M (without Star Wars Jedi: Survivor). That’s the 6 place by revenue, LEGO, Grand Theft Auto, Mario, Call of Duty, and FIFA are ahead.
- The largest physical release in the UK is Star Wars Battlefront (2015). The previous record was handled by Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008).
- First Star Wars Jedi: Survivor results show that the game – despite perfect press – is selling 35% worse than the first title. However, it’s important to mention, that we’re speaking about retail only, so digital sales might change the picture completely.