The data has been collected from January to December 2022.
- Ad Impressions in 2022 dropped by 10% on Android and by 20% on iOS.
- eCPM on Android declined by 28%; iOS decrease was 35%.
- The number of IAP purchases increased by 37% on Android; iOS grew by 34%.
Ad networks ratings
- AppLovin, Mintegral, Google Ads – leaders by downloads on Android. Mintegral, AppLovin, and ironSource – leaders on iOS.
- AppLovin, ironSource, and Google Ads are ad networks with the highest average D1 Retention on Android. It’s Meta, AppLovin, and Google Ads for iOS.
- The best average D7 Retention on Android showed users from ironSource, Google Ads, and AppLovin. On iOS – users from Apple Search Ads, ironSource, and AppLovin.
- The best users by D7 Ad LTV on Android are from ironSource, Unity Ads, and Google Ads. On iOS – from Apple Search Ads, ironSource, AppLovin.
- D7 IAP LTV rating on Android looks as follows: Meta, Google Ads, TikTok. On iOS – Apple Search Ads, Meta, TikTok.
- Leaders by downloads on Android are India, Brazil, and the US. On iOS – the US, China, and Japan.
- The top countries by ad revenue on Android are the US, Japan, and the UK. A similar picture is on iOS. It’s worth mentioning that #4 on Android by ad revenue is Brazil.
- The US, Australia, and the UK are the top countries by IAP purchases on Android and iOS. The only difference is that on iOS Australia is third, and the UK is second.
Best Ad Monetization sources
- Leaders on both iOS, and Android, by overall ads revenue, are AppLovin, Google AdMob, and Unity Ads.
- The largest average eCPM on Android was provided by Meta Audience, Unity Ads, and ironSource. iOS leaders are ironSource, Unity Ads, and Liftoff.