GSD is reporting only the fact sales numbers were received from partners. There are partners (like Nintendo), who are not sharing the digital sales numbers, which might affect the overall picture.
- 2.2M games on PC & Consoles have been sold in April 2023. It’s 8% lower than a year before.
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor become the leader by sales – it performed 31% better than Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order after the first week. The digital sales share of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is 66% – the predecessor had 36%.
- Dead Island 2 was second by sales.
- However, even combined, the top two sellers of April 2023 were unable to reach LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga’s results of April 2022.
Consoles & accessories
- 111k consoles have been sold in the UK in April 2023. It’s 20% higher than the last year, but 20% lower than a month before.
- PlayStation 5 is the leader by sales, Nintendo Switch is second; Xbox Series S|X is third.
- Sales of PlayStation 5 dropped by 35% to the previous month but grew by 15% YoY. Xbox Series S|X experienced a MoM decline of 32%, and growth to the previous year by 8%.
- Nintendo is feeling great. Nintendo Switch sales are up by 26% MoM and by 30% to the previous year with the release of a console’s limited Zelda edition (which generated 29% of all sales).
- 487k accessories have been sold in April 2023 – it’s 21% lower than in March, and 6% lower than the last year. The most popular device sold was the white DualSense.