The data was collected from 1 January to 31 March 2023 in 35 countries.
- Royal Match, Gardenscapes, and Homescapes are the top-grossing puzzle games of Q1 2023 on iOS. Leaders on Android are Candy Crush Saga, Royal Match, and Gardenscapes.
- Candy Crush Saga is the leader by revenue from two platforms combined with $156.3M.
- Gardenscapes, Royal Match, Parking Jam 3D are top titles by downloads on iOS. Candy Crush Saga, Thief Puzzle: To pass a Level, Block Blast Adventure Master is leading on Android.
- Candy Crush Saga is also the leader in Q1 2023 by downloads (54.6M installs).
- The top games by advertising on iOS are Royal Match (97,416 creatives – 7.77% of paid traffic); Gardenscapes (4,534 creatives – 5.95% of paid traffic), and Wordscapes (333 creatives – 5.16% of paid traffic). On Android are Matchington Mansion (1,309 creatives – 26.5% of paid traffic), Blockudoku: Block Puzzle Game (2,652 creatives – 6.14% of paid traffic), and Gardenscapes (11,793 creatives – 5.53% of paid traffic). The % of paid traffic is related to all paid traffic in the category.
- Puzzles are generating 11.19% of all Android downloads and 19.89% of downloads on iOS.
- Puzzles are responsible for 7.49% of iOS and 13.81% of Android revenues.
- Puzzle games are getting 31.98% of creatives and 37.35% of paid traffic on Android; on iOS it’s 30.15% of creatives and 52.43% of paid traffic.
- The US (14%), India (12%), Brazil (8%), Russia (6%), and Indonesia (5%) are countries in Q1 2023 with the most downloads for Puzzle games.
- The US (46%), Japan (10%), Germany (6%), the UK (6%), and France (5%) are leaders in Q1 2023 by IAP revenue.
- Despite the fact that iOS is getting only 20% of downloads, it’s generating 56% of all Puzzle revenue. Android is getting accordingly 80% of downloads with 44% of revenue.
- Match 3 is the leader by downloads (36%) and revenue (65%) in the genre. Trivia, Merge, and Word games are next.
- Match 3 is generating 6% of all mobile genre downloads.
- Regarding revenue, Match 3 shares second place with 4X Strategies (9%). MMORPG is in first place by far (22%).