GSD is reporting only the fact sales numbers were received from partners. There are partners (like Nintendo), who are not sharing the digital sales numbers, which might affect the overall picture.
- 10.6M game copies have been sold in Europe in May this year. It’s 33% more than in May 2022.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom was the main growth driver. Its sales are 2.5x higher than Hogwarts Legacy’s which was the second.
- After 3 weeks of sales, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is losing only to FIFA 23 and Hogwarts Legacy in terms of overall sales numbers. Without digital sales. If we compare retail sales only, the game is already #1 in Europe.
- Hogwarts Legacy sales increased by 321% to the previous month thanks to the release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. 71.5% of the game sales in May came from the PS4; 11.7% – from Xbox One.
- The only new game in top-20 by sales in May was LEGO 2K Drive.
Hardware and accessories
- 429k consoles were sold in Europe in May, 40% more than a year before. Numbers are without Germany and the UK.
- Nintendo Switch outperformed PS5 in sales in May. Amid The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom release sales went up by 39% compared to the previous year.
- PlayStation 5 sales increased by 81% compared with May 2022.
- Xbox Series S|X not feeling great. Console sales decreased by 16% to the previous year.
- 1.3M accessories have been sold in May (+30% YoY). DualSense continues to lead.