State in 2022
- $54.1B the US gaming market (including eSports) generated in 2022.
- The increase in revenue was 2.4%. This is the slowest growth in the last 5 years.
- PwC analysts suggest that in 2023 the gaming market will grow by 5.1% to $56.9B.
- By 2027 the gaming market is forecasted to grow to $72B with a 10.24% CAGR from 2018 to 2027.
- The eSports industry in the US in 2022 generated $455M. It’s 0.85% of the overall gaming industry value.
- Social/casual games (I assume that mobile games are included) have the largest share in the overall revenue – 68.5% ($37.1B).
- In-app advertising ($19.3B) on mobile surpassed the IAP revenue ($17.6B) in 2022.
- PC/Console verticals are responsible for 27.5% of the overall gaming industry in the US ($14.95B). This segment dropped in 2022 by 0.8%.
- Console vertical generated $9.5B in revenue in 2022 (no changes to 2021). PC – $5.8B (-2.2% YoY).
- Analysts are skeptical about the console market’s ability to grow. They forecast that in 2027 this segment will be only 6.7% larger than in 2022.