Poorly scanned documents from the FTC hearings provided more data on the PlayStation business.
- Sony claims that the direct revenue from the Call of Duty series on PlayStation in 2021 was $1.5B. The US was responsible for $800M of this amount.
- If we will count users who played Call of Duty, revenue from them is somewhere between $13.9B and $15.9B.
- Sony still has exclusive marketing rights for one Call of Duty game that will launch in 2023.
- 43M users played Call of Duty games on PlayStation in the US since 2019. It’s two third of the overall audience in the region.
- About a million US PlayStation users are playing only Call of Duty.
- In 2021 internal games from PlayStation studios brought 14% of all sales (but this number might be false, as it’s not clearly visible in the document.
- Sony’s margin from third-party sales on the platform is around 10%.