- $40.9B was spent by mobile gamers in H1 2023. It’s less than in H1 2022 ($41.2B) and H1 2021 ($44.5B) but more than in H1 2020 ($36B).
However, we should consider that data.ai can’t track some payments as more mobile companies are adopting alternative payment methods outside of app stores.
- The revenue dynamic from the lowest point in May 2022 started to climb up. It’s still in a minus zone, but March and May 2023 showed growth.
- data.ai analysts think that the worst in the mobile gaming market is behind. We can expect normalization and growth further.
- iOS was responsible for $24.6B of gaming revenue in H1 2023; Android – for $16.3B. Games are 56.5% of overall iOS apps revenue and 67.9% of Android overall revenue.
- Games downloads in H1 2023 reached 30.4B. It’s 0.4B higher than in H1 2022.
- 4.3B (23.7% of overall download volume) games have been downloaded in H1 2023 on iOS. 26.1B games have been downloaded on Android (it’s 44.5% of overall downloads).
- Downloads leaders in H1 2023 are Subway Surfers, Garena Free Fire, and ROBLOX. Two new games are on top – Block Blast Adventure Master and Attack Hole.
- Top-3 games by revenue are Honor of Kings, Candy Crush Saga, and ROBLOX. Gardenscapes returned to the top 10.
- The best MAU titles of H1 2023 are ROBLOX, Garena Free Fire, and Candy Crush Saga. FIFA Soccer showed significant growth and jumped to the top 10.