GSD is reporting only the fact sales numbers were received from partners. Some partners (like Nintendo) are not sharing the digital sales numbers, which might affect the overall picture.
- 15.5M copies were sold in Europe last month. It’s 20% more than it was in June 2022, which is related to plenty of new game launches.
- Diablo IV is the best-selling game of June and second by sales dynamics after Hogwarts Legacy. However, if Nintendo were to share its digital sales it’s highly probable that The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom was second.
- Diablo IV is the largest launch of June in the history of GSD records (since 2017). 66% of sales came from PC players; 21% – from PS5, and only 9% are playing on Xbox Series S|X. PlayStation 4 has 4% of the audience.
- Final Fantasy XVI is in second place by sales. The game launched in Europe 24% worse than Final Fantasy VII: Remake.
- F1 23 is third. The game started badly in the UK, in Europe the situation is the same – starting sales are 47% lower than the previous installation. 65% of sales came from PS5; 22.5% from Xbox Series S|X; 12.5% from PS4.
- 80% of all sales in June were digital.
- Counting only boxed sales, Diablo IV is first, but The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is only a little behind.
- GfK Entertainment also mentioned that The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is the best-selling retail game in Europe in the first half. Despite the fact that Hogwarts Legacy was launched earlier and on 5 platforms instead of only Nintendo Switch.
- 500.7k consoles have been sold in Europe in June. It’s 33% more than in the previous year.
- PlayStation 5 sales increased by 116% YoY. That’s the top-selling console of the month.
- Xbox Series S|X sales dropped by 0.8%; Nintendo Switch experienced a 2.3% decline.
- DualSense is as often a leader in sales among accessories. Gamepad sales increased by 6.6% YoY.