Niko Partners is covering both white and grey sales.
- The volume of the console gaming market in China in 2022 reached $2.29B (+7.8% YoY). $1.1B from hardware sales; $1.19B – from game sales.
- The number of console gamers in 2022 reached 16.7M (+8.3% YoY).
2023 – estimation
- In 2023 the console gaming market will reach $2.37B. $1.1B will take hardware sales; $1.27B – game sales.
- The number of console gamers in the country is expected to reach up to 18.1M.
2027 – forecast
- The size of the console gaming market is expected to reach $2.48B (+1.6% CAGR). Hardware sales will be around $830M; games sales – $1.6B.
- The number of console gamers is supposed to increase to 22.9M.
Chinese console gaming market-specific feature
- China has its own console versions with dedicated stores and complex content moderation. Many players prefer to buy imported consoles from other countries (grey import). Before 2015 there was a 15-year console ban in China.