- The US ($5.71B) is the largest market with a 26.61% share. In H1 2023 it increased by 4% by this component compared to H1 2022. Japan is second with $4.17B and 19.43% of the market (+1.2% market share YoY growth). China is third with $3.23B and 15.05% of the market (+2% market share YoY growth). But we traditionally do want to highlight that numbers about China don’t include 3rd-party Android stores.
- Distribution by revenue between iOS and Android – 56.26% to 43,74%.
- RPG suffered the most from the revenue drop. Genre had $5.9B revenue in H1 2022 and received only $4.4B in H1 2023.
- Honor of Kings ($766M); PUBG Mobile ($344M); Genshin Impact ($209M) are leaders by revenue on iOS in H1 2023. Android’s top-grossing titles in H1 2023 were Coin Master ($228M); Candy Crush Saga ($220M), and Roblox ($167M).
- In H1 2023 games were responsible for 51% of overall Stores revenue.
- India (4.32B downloads – 15.29% of the overall amount) is the largest market by downloads, which share in H1 2023 increased by 0.9%. Next is Brazil (10.59% – +0.3% YoY growth by market share), the US (9.08%), Russia (6.71% – +0.8% YoY growth by market share), and Indonesia.
- The distribution of downloads between iOS and Android is far from equal – 11.37% to 88.63%.
- In H1 2023 almost all genres drop in downloads compared to H1 2022.
- Eggy Party (32.2M); Royal Match (20.2M); Roblox (19.5M) are top-downloaded games of H1 2023 on iOS. Subway Surfers (116.5M); Candy Crush Saga (106.3M); Garena Free Fire (88M) are Android leaders.
- Games are responsible for 29.6% of overall downloads on iOS and Android.
- Number of advertisers in games increased by 22% in a year.
- 8.9M creatives have been created for games – it’s 56% of the overall amount.