- American gamers spent $4.7B on games in June 2023. It’s 9% more than a year before.
- That’s the second-largest June in history. More American users spent only in June 2021 – $4.8B.
- $4.1B are software sales. Growth to the previous year is 7%.
- Diablo IV is the leader by sales in the US; Final Fantasy XVI reached second place; Street Fighter 6 is third.
- Launch sales of Street Fighter 6 are doubling Street Fighter’s V sales.
- Hardware spending in the US increased by 22% and surpassed $454M. It’s the highest June mark since June 2008 ($617M).
- PlayStation 5 is a leader in both unit & dollar sales.
- June 2023 sales of PlayStation 5 are impressive: PlayStation performed better in dollar sales in June 2008; by number of units – in June 2010.
- Accessory sales increased by 14% and reached $214M. DualSense is leading.