Famitsu only takes into account retail sales.
- Nintendo – the leader in game sales at retail in Japan. In July, the company sold 947 thousand copies of games.
- The sales leader – Pikmin 4, the game sold 518 thousand copies in July. Within 10 days of its release, the game had already reached 80% of all Pikmin 3 sales.
- In second place is Square Enix (109 thousand copies); in third place is Spike Chunsoft (101 thousand).
- Nintendo owns 55% of the Japanese gaming retail market. Square Enix – 6.4%; Spike Chunsoft in July – 6%.
- In July 2023, Nintendo Switch crossed the 30 million mark for consoles sold in the local market. 407 thousand consoles were sold in July.
- For the PlayStation 5, the results for July are more modest – 243 thousand consoles. Sony’s system has a total of 4 million sales in the domestic market.